- Print Feature: Click on the "Print" link to see a print preview of the slideshow, including all slides.
- Keyboard Navigation: Click on the "Activate" link to navigate this presentation using your keyboard:
- Right Arrow: To the next page in the presentation
- Left Arrow: To the previous page in the presentation
- Top Arrow: Use this key, to view the hidden content on this page
Explanation of hidden content:
Some presentations include hidden areas, such as answers and hints. These are framed by a dashed line.
Display hidden content by moving the mouse over the hidden content. If the keyboard navigation is activated, hidden content can also be displayed with the "Top Arrow" key.
If you navigate away from a slide, the displayed content will automatically revert back to their hidden format.
- The images are framed in the colours corresponding to their parts of speech
- , ,
- , ,
- At the beginning of each word list, you can choose which content you would like to have displayed.
When you roll your mouse over the hidden content, it will be displayed again.
When using the galery mode and having activated the keyboard navigation, the hidden content can also be displayed by using the keyboard. (see Presentation)
That way, you can easily use the vocabulary lists for flexible, multimedia-based learning.
- There is no correlation between the images and the example sentences of the respective words.
Use the vocabulary trainer to learn and improve your English vocabulary. All the words are organised into thematic categories. That's because words in context are easier to remember.
The vocabulary trainer works like a card box:
- If you know the solution the first time, the entry will not be shown again.
- If you do not know the solution, the entry will be moved behind all other entries and then be shown again as often as you answer it wrong.
This makes it easy to repeat difficult vocabulary until you know it for sure.
How to operate the vocabulary trainer
- It is possible to only operate the vocabulary trainer using your keyboard:
- Press "Enter" to evaluate your entry.
- After reading the feedback, press "Enter" again in order to go to the next enquiry.
- Press Alt + 1 to receive a hint.
- Press Alt + 2 to get the solution.
- Please be aware that the evaluation of your entry will be affected by the use of upper- and lower-case letters.
How to use the regular vocabulary trainer
- Please adjust the vocabulary trainer to your needs.
- Choose the information that you want displayed.
- Select what you would like to enter.
- Click "Start".
- Please note that you always need to enter the singular form of countable nouns.
- Choosing only images is not recommended, as images are often not defined. We recommend choosing one other option to be displayed. However, if you choose only images, the following question will pop up: "Do you want to continue anyway?" (This question won't appear again if you agree.)
- If words have more than one translation, the entry of any one will be sufficient. All translations will be shown in the evaluation.
- If words have synonyms, the entry of a synonym instead of the word will be correct.
Use the vocabulary trainer as a terminology trainer
You can also use the vocabulary trainer to practise special terms and their spelling:
- Choose "Word" to be displayed.
- Click "Start".
- Type in the exact same word.
There is no feedback for this exercise because there is more than one correct answer. The comparison of your entry with the sample solution will give you some ideas and suggestions for words and grammatical structures.
- Certain elements (words, phrases, sentences) must either be marked with a particular colour or left as is.
- The colour will be removed by clicking on a marked element.
- As soon as the feedback appears, the entry area of the exercise will disappear and an overview of the elements and their tags will be displayed. The icons next to the elements will show if you marked the element correctly (green check mark) or incorrectly (red cross).