Prepositions of Time
Some prepositions of time can also be used to talk about places. In these cases, you will find examples of them referring to time and to place.
Take a look at the prepositions and example sentences below. If there are any words that you don't know, use the dictionary at the bottom right corner of your screen!
- Let's talk about it at breakfast.
- We will meet at eight o'clock.
- Lisa is at home.
- The children are at school.
- They were very happy on their wedding day.
- I have an exam on Monday.
- A bird is sitting on the roof.
- Your jacket is lying on the chair.
- The train arrives in 20 minutes.
- People wear sunglasses in summer.
- My bag is still in the car.
- Toby is in his room.
- You have to go to bed after the next television show.
- I have to go back to work after lunch.
- It is good to have breakfast before you go to school.
- I did not know that before!
- I have two hours between the arrival of my first plane and the departure of the second.
- Call me between three and four o'clock p.m.
- The paper lies between these two books.
- You should not distinguish between men and women here.
- I have to read three books by next week.
- We will have to have cleaned up by the time they come back.
- The dog always stays by my side.
- There is a gas station by the road.
- The children are told not to talk to much during dinner.
- The girl fainted during the sports lesson.
- Take good care of my cat while I am on holiday.
- Please be quiet while I am talking.
- We have not had rain for four weeks now.
- I have not seen you for ages!
- The dancing lessons are from eight to nine o'clock p.m.
- We usually have warm weather from may until the end of August.
- Let's take a walk from my home to yours!
- It takes about five hours to drive from Frankfurt to Munich.
- It is already past eight! Get out of bed!
- It's ten past nine in the morning.
- This building has been a university since 1688.
- I feel much better since I have stopped eating too many sweets.
- We had a lot of rain throughout the summer.
- My grandfather did not see his family once throughout the war.
- I have to do all this laundry within one hour.
- It will be a very short trip. She will be back within a week.
- The food will be ready at ten to eight! Please switch off the oven!
- It is five minutes to twelve.