Prepositions are words that express a relation.
Take a look at the following chart. These prepositions all express a location of something or someone. Every preposition is illustrated with a picture and some example sentences.
- The cups are in the cupboard.
- The children play in the house.
- She sits in her room.
- We live in a city.
- We live in England.
- There is water in the bottle.
- They get in the car.
- The glasses are on the table.
- Let's sit on the couch.
- The bathroom is on the first floor.
- There is a picture on the wall.
- There is a sign on the door.
- She sits on a chair.
- They lie on the floor watching TV.
- There is a man at the door.
- Let's meet at the restaurant.
- Our house is at the end of the street.
- They have dinner at the table.
- The children are at school.
- The little girl sits next to the man.
- There is an armchair next to the couch.
- We live next to the Smiths.
- The boy is hiding under the table.
- A cat is sitting under the car.
- I have some boxes under my bed.
- A plane flies above the clouds.
- There are birds above our house.
- Let's go to Spain.
- They drive to the supermarket.
- I must go to school.
- Can you take me to the hospital?
- There must be salt among all these spices.
- There is a spy among us.
- Rachel sits between her two friends.
- There is a little garden between the two houses.
- There are several cars driving behind the red car.
- There is a garden behind our house.
- We have a garage behind our house.
- She is hiding behind the couch.
- The couple is standing in front of a building.
- Let's meet in front of the shop.
- The car is in front of the house.
- They wait in front of the school.
Fill in the gaps with the correct preposition.
You're done with grammar! Great!